Translate

Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Housewife Seeks Dissolution Of Marriage For Lack Of Maintenance

A housewife, Mulikat Ahmed, on Tuesday, urged an Ilorin Area Court to dissolve her four-year old marriage to Idris Ahmed, alleging failure of her husband to take care of the family.
Mulikat, 29, resident in Gambari area, Ilorin, told the court that her husband was fond of complaining about anything that concerned the needs of the family.
“My husband prefers lavishing on friends and external bodies at the expense of his responsibilities as the head of the house,” she said.
She claimed that she had been the only one providing the family’s needs since their marriage was contracted in 2010.
She told the court that her marriage to Ahmed had produced two female children, Aishat and Sofiat.
“My lord, I want an end to this marriage because I cannot cope with an irresponsible man that does not care for his family,” Mulikat said.
In his defence, Ahmed objected to the plea to the court, saying he was still interested in the marriage.
“My wife does not appreciate little things I do but I promise to put more effort for the sake of my children and the marriage,” he said.
He urged the court to adjourn the case to enable him to make some adjustments in his attitude and reconcile with his wife.
The presiding Judge, Mr Yusuf Abdulkareem, adjourned the case to Jan. 30 “for a report of settlement or continuation of hearing”.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...